For those of you who are already proud owners of Uncommon Covers products, you already know the answer. To the new people: Welcome! And the winner is neoprene! We thank foam for its participation but it’s time to run along now. Here’s why.
- Even in storage, foam breaks down quickly. Original UC neoprene koozies are still going strong today, even after extensive use and laundering.
- If you’re not into wet hands, the wicking of moisture with neoprene is far superior.
- Foam flunks at movement. Neoprene can stretch and retract in many ways.
- Neoprene is vastly less bulky than foam.
- Loose fit koozies defeat the purpose of using a koozie. Neoprene offers the snuggest possible fit.
- As use of neoprene expands wildly (like in fashion), color and design options are increasing too.
- Wetsuits are made from neoprene, therefore, UC koozies pair perfectly with water activities.
- For the DIYers, neoprene can accept heat press of vinyl designs – just make sure to use stretch vinyl!