[caption id="attachment_7745" align="aligncenter" width="240"] Bigger is Better[/caption]
Interesting statistics about Texas small businesses:
- As of September 2019, Texas has 2.7 million small businesses, which employ 4.7 million people.
- Out of $100 spent, typically $68 stays in the community of the small business. On the obverse, out of $100 spent at a non-small business, only $43 usually stays in the community.
- California, Texas, and Florida are the states with most veteran-owned businesses.
- Roughly 52% of small business owners donate to charity; 90% of those donations are to local causes.
- If you are looking for ways to support small businesses beyond purchasing directly, consider these options:
- Visit markets and venues showcasing small businesses
- Talk about local companies with friends and family
- Partner with small businesses and community organizations
- Share small business content on social media
- Leave positive reviews of small businesses online
Facts about Women-run businesses:
- Women own 4 out of every 10 businesses in the United States.
- In 2017, women of color accounted for 71% of new female-owned business launches.
- The amount of U.S. women-owned businesses increased between 1972 and 2018, from 402,000 to 12.3 million.
- Between 2007 and 2018, businesses owned by women of color grew by 163%.
- If global entrepreneurship participation was the same between women and men, the global GDP could potentially be boosted by $2.5 trillion to $5 trillion.
[caption id="attachment_1058" align="aligncenter" width="200"] River Hair Don't Care[/caption]